My grandpa passed away a few weeks ago. Bittersweet times, but I wanted to record some of my favorite thoughts and memories:
1. I remember staying with them one weekend when I was going to BYU-I and coming home from a date Saturday night. Grandpa was still awake, so I came in and told him all about it.
2. He could fix anything - when I was 12 or so he even fixed my curling iron for me when it had a short in it. He also fixed my car on more than one occasion, even coming down to Provo once to help me with a tire issue.
3. I discovered his Causey pancake secret. I was standing at the counter by him as he was making the batter and he asked if I could reach up and grab the bag of sugar in the cupboard.....then I watched him POUR the sugar into the batter. I looked at him shocked. He just put his finger up to his mouth, and just smirked at me. I just started laughing.
4. Great Salt Lake excursion - he took me and my siblings to the Great Salt Lake for my 1st time, and even rolled up his pant legs and waded out in the water with us.
5. I loved coming down from Rexburg for the weekend while I was attending BYU-Idaho and having grandma and grandpa all to myself. I loved having a bowl of ice cream, laying on the couch while watching the basketball game.
6. The Christmas we spent at Causey - "Door!"
7. Going on drives in his truck - the two of us hopped in to take something to my Aunt Kayla at her work; another time we went on a drive with grandma around scenic Hooper and stopped at Maddox for dinner.
8. Being on the fishing boat with grandma and grandpa - grandma and I had lawn chairs to sit in and read while grandpa fished.
9. His compliments meant the world to me - I remember he said I was tough once, and I've always remembered that. He always stood up for me.
10. He loved jam.
11. Motorcycle rides at Causey
12. I have his old classic guitar and think of him every time I see or play it. A treasure in my eyes.
He was one amazing man that I absolutely adored and looked up to. He will be greatly missed!
No comments:
Post a Comment