Saturday, December 5, 2009

weekend happenings

Saturday's are great. Since I haven't been able to run for the past month because of my foot, I went to the gym this morning and worked out for an hour. I'm probably going to be paying for it tomorrow, but for now i'm satisfied. It felt so good! I've missed being active and feeling good. After getting some laundry done and errands run, I've been taking it easy at the apartment. I only need to finish up a couple of projects, so I'm not stressed at all and can take time to relax.
Last night my ward did a charity auction. It was a lot of fun. People volunteered certain talents or services to auction off, and there was both a live and silent auction simultaneously happening. I bid on a few things, but ended up buying a guitar lesson from a guy in the ward. My apartment auctioned off a dinner with special brownies (Kels in the brownie-making queen), and some girl paid $17 for it. Not bad. All of the funds are going to be distributed among the FHE groups, who will then go out and buy things for needy families. I love this idea and it was fun because people were actually getting into it.
After I got home, I was in "work" mode and didn't want to be home, so I headed the the lib for a couple of hours and got a lot done, making it more relaxing today.
The roomies and I are going to hit up a "hot chocolate" party tonight, and then head to the dollar theater to watch "All About Steve." Weekends are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment