I've been searching for a mantra.
For clarity, a mantra is a powerful word or phrase with it's literal meaning being "mind-protection."
My friend Kayla is on a mission in Vermont right now and she sent me a letter a few days ago that just randomly had a Dove peanutbutter milk chocolate wrapper in it -the ones with the Promises messages inside the little tinfoil square (sidenote: the best saying I ever saw on one of these wrappers was "Life without chocolate is too terrible to contemplate"). But this one was pretty dang good too:
"Give yourself permission to just be you."
There were also cute little missionary-type quote stickers on the back of the envelope and one of those really stood out to me too:
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
So, I'm debating between these 2 for my final mantra. Either "be you" or "within." Hmmm....I've been saying them both every morning before starting my day, so I'll have to test them out a little longer....
Thanks Sister Hill! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment