Friday, April 29, 2011

Graduated!!

I did it! I finally graduated with a real degree. I am now a BYU Alumni. Weird. It still seems surreal. Or, more like an expensive piece of paper that still has to be mailed to me...

It was a fun celebration time though. My family came into town for it, as well as Grandma Taggart.


Dustin graduated in December, so it was really cool that he got to walk with me.


Kristen and I had been in Phoenix area, Arizona the past week for Spring Break and we both got new graduation dresses and accessories. (Any excuse for new clothes....=) )


My students got to be in on the celebration as well! We had a graduation party in class - I made cake with blue frosting, showed them pictures, played Pomp and Circumstance, and took a picture of each of them in my cap and gown. (so adorable!)

When I walked into my classroom Monday morning, I had a fun surprise waiting for me from my kids. A mom had come in and done everything with them. I was so touched! The balloons, flowers, notes, and sincere excitement from the kids was so sweet. There was a big poster hanging on the board that they had all signed "Your Little Peeps" and there were some boxes of those Easter marshmallow peeps. The kids were dying seeing them just sit there. I told them I would share with them (but I made them wait until right before recess so they could run off that pure sugary goodness.)

A big life moment like this causes those nostalgic thoughts and emotions to surface.
It's been a long 5 years. They say that the college years are the best years of your life. I think I would now agree. It's a time to experience so many different things and to figure out who you are, or want to be. So many different people come in and out of your life. It is all a blur now. Five years sounds like such a long time, but I seriously can't believe how fast it went by!

Remembering back to my last graduation (high school) I have grown and learned so much. Now as I enter the big, scary, professional world, I'm excited to see what the next 5 years brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment