Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Last day of class!!

We’ve been doing some fun science experiments in our classrooms dealing with surface tension, center of balance, evaporation, and air pressure. For an air pressure experiment we blew up 4 balloons and put them under an over-turned table. Our professor asked us how many people we thought could stand on the table bottom before the balloons popped….it was really interesting! We got 6 people –

We also did an experiment with the idea of the story of the gingerbread man in mind – but we use a ginger nut (cookie) as well as some M&M’s (they don’t use gumdrop buttons on their gingerbread men here, haha). We went through the typical experimental process of forming a hypothesis, making predictions, etc. It would be a lot of fun for kids to do. Here are some pictures of our day:

Monday night we had a little FHE with Jules, Levier, and Beau. We had a lesson on baptism because we are trying to get Beau ready for it and to understand what will be happening. He’s a pretty clever boy and gave some good answers. He will be baptized in the next month or so, so I’m happy I will be here for that.

Here's a picture of me with Beau - I call him "Bill-Beau Baggins."

The sun is so hot! I spent more time today in it that I usually do….it felt so good though. Our teacher said we were all dragging during class, so she let us work on some stuff anywhere but our tables – so I went outside, and then I was out there for lunch as well and took a little nap. When we got home from school, I did my homework out on the patio. Beau was bored and wanted attention, so I told him to go get his homework and come down and do it with us. He ran up and got his writing notebook and came back down and worked with us for a while. It was cute, so we took a picture:


I also was headed out for a walk before dark when I ran into the neighborhood girls. They all just wanted to talk at once and they kept saying my name to get my attention when someone else was talking, so I would look at them and then they would start talking. I was following multiple stories at once. It was so funny. They’re so cute and they asked me if I would show them pictures of America. One of the girls asked me how to spell my name so she could look me up on Facebook…..yeah, she’s nine. I love them though.

It's been a busy week at school all around. But - today was our last day! Sadly, I still have several assignments and papers to complete before I'm actually done, so it takes some of the excitement away.....but at least it's over!
Here's a picture of us on our last day of class:


This is a picture of an experiment during Science class:



Eating lunch, enjoying the sunshine!
Mekelle and I in our "apartment"



No comments:

Post a Comment