Friday, October 15, 2010

Now that he's grown a foot or two....


....Elder Jake has been called to serve in the Salt Lake City, Spanish speaking mission.
Dustin and I dropped him off at the MTC Wednesday at 1:00. We went out to lunch before hand and had time to just chill as he was constantly looking at his watch and counting down the minutes while remembering to breathe. When it was time to head over Dustin stood up and stated, "Well, let's go on your mission." That's when it hit. We all got teary-eyed and it was a quiet drive over there. We pulled up to the curb and gave him one last quick hug before jumping back in and driving away. He was so cute. He just grabbed my shoulders and said, "See ya soon, right?" We were all crying again. And I bawled the whole way back to Heber. My students had their special classes + lunch during the time I had gone, so it worked out perfect for me to leave and come down to Provo for a couple of hours. I'm so glad I got to be there.
He's going to be doing some good in this world and I'm very proud of him!

2 comments:

  1. CUTE!!!

    You are such a great big sister.

    He is lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found this blog of yours Jayna. And glad I saw this post. You have such a wonderful family and Jake is great young man. How awesome you and Dustin got to drop him off. Thanks for making me smile today :)

    ReplyDelete