My grandpa passed away a few weeks ago, but as I look back on all the years I had to get to know him, these are some fond memories:
-#1 favorite: his eyes would literally light up when I walked in the room, always making me feel loved
-He gave the biggest hugs
-The gospel was the most important thing to him
-He gave me my patriarchal blessing
-He had a perfect chuckle
-He was a solid Republican
-Listening to him yell at the TV in the other room when a game was on
-He loved my grandma and constantly showed it
-He would always tell me how beautiful he thought I was
-He would grumble about me and grandma making cookies at 10 p.m., but would usually come in and munch on them with us
-Grandpa's "snack bar" was the best
-He was going to let me drive his truck to Roy, and hopped in with me before I left to make sure I could do it (it was a stick shift)...I'm pretty sure he was terrified beyond words...but still let me go
-He was there when I graduated from high school
-Watching "Keeping Up Appearances" with him and grandma
-Talking about Australia with him before and after I got back from the South Pacific - it was so fun swapping stories and lingo
-He loved music
-I was staying with them one weekend and we made a drive out to Roy to get strawberry shakes at Burger Bar
-He would call and sing to me on my birthday
Love ya Grampa T!
No comments:
Post a Comment