Sunday, January 9, 2011

Nostalgia

This time last year I arrived in New Zealand. Each day since January 2nd has been replaying in my mind. January 3rd was the day that didn't exist for us, since we were between time zones. January 6th, we were sitting on Orewa Beach..... you get the idea.
I sent my NZ mum an email and she replied telling me that the new BYU girls had just arrived that day. SO JEALOUS.
It's so hard to believe that was a whole year ago. And those cute little bare-footed kiwi kids have no idea what a true winter is.....I am missing my year of 2 summers.
I've been looking through all of my pictures and listening to our NZ theme song "Forever Young." Ahhhhhh......
I taught my students how to say hello in Maori, so they love telling me "Kia Ora!" each morning when they see me. I love it too. And I love New Zealand. :)

1 comment:

  1. wahhhh. I feel this way all the time too! I keep reading my new zealand journal every night. You have inspired me to blog about it now too!

    ReplyDelete