Saturday, February 20, 2010

1/2 Way Mark

As of today, we are half way done with the program. It's crazy to think that we have already been here for 7 weeks.

I'm adapting more to Ranui and to my class and teacher. Mrs. Tararo uses a very "tough love" approach to teaching and is pretty strict with her students. It's different from my own teaching philosophy and beliefs, but I am still taking the opportunity to learn all I can from her. She is a wonderful and experienced educator.

Mekelle and I decided to go to a Stake YSA activity last night. They haven't been too great in the past, but we decided we would give it one more shot. Plus, I was anxious to get out and meet new people. We rented out a laser-tag place for 2 hours and just rotated teams. It was fun - we had about 30 people show up, which was a really good turn out for the stake. Afterward everyone was 'keen for a feed', so we stopped on the way home and got heaps of fish 'n chips.

Three of our fellow BYU friends were speaking in their ward this morning, so we went to listen to their talks and support them, since we don't have our church until 1 p.m. I also taught the lesson in Young Women today on "Living in Love and Harmony." It went pretty well - I was someone different, with an accent, so they seemed more intent to actually listen.... :)

I also made snickerdoodles today for everyone to try - they don't really have those here. It was fun to bake again - I've missed it.

Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. No way it is not halfway! I dont know how i feel about that!! Thanks again for coming to our ward this morning, you are the best. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete