Friday, July 16, 2010

I'm Ready

So, we had a little fiesta at work the other day. They aren't as extravagant as they once were, but we still love the "sopresa" plus the fact that it's a good reason to stop working and eat food for a bit - even though everybody knows what's going on. We try so hard to make it a surprise and everyone goes along with it, pretending to not notice the additional items in the break room.

We did a combo birthday party for Jon and Olga. I made a cake - no big deal, just a chocolate cake mix with real whipping cream smothered on it and cut up Reeses bits sprinkled on top. Pretty boring in my opinion. I asked the other ladies to just bring whatever dessert they wanted.

When I first started working at this place, the ladies would just have me bring a bag of chips or drinks. They basically assumed that since I was this young college kid, I didn't know how to cook anything.

The time I actually brought some real food they were all in shock. I thought it was hilarious. We even started recipe swapping. They then decided that because of the fact that I can actually cook, I am officially ready to get married. Bahaha. It's a big joke now.

Sometimes I would randomly bake cookies and take them in, or I would bring whatever dish for the random monthly fiestas. Each time, they would just look at me and simply exclaim, "You are ready." (Imagine a Spanish accent)

So, I had forgotten about this little joke of ours since being out of the country for a while and away from the office and such.

It was when Olga took a bite of the cake and with a big smirk pronounced, "You are ready" that I just burst out in laughter.

I love my Latinas. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment