4th of July was awesome this year!
Because the actual 4th fell on a Sunday, I got to experience an entire 4 days of the holiday festivities.
It started with a Real Salt Lake Soccer Game Friday night with awesome fireworks following.
Saturday was a relaxed lazy day and then me and 2 of my roommates went to the Stadium of Fire to watch Carrie Underwood perform. It. Was. Awesome!! Best concert, as well as patriotic program tied into it, as well as BEST firework show I have seen in my life thus far. I love them. Also, a lady caught on fire from some misdirected firework sparks......whoa. All in all, it was such a great night. Carrie is my hero.
The actual 4th of July was a typical Sunday....nothing too extravagant. Although my friend Kristen came over and we made some DELICIOUS hawaiian pizza. It was lovely. She rocks. I also jumped in the car with a couple of the roomies and we cruised up and down University Ave just to observe all of the "campers" hanging out and marking their spots for the parade the next morning. It was so intense. Maybe I'll join in and camp out next year.....
Monday I was off work, which is always a happy thing. Cassidy and I went to the parade and watched the awesome floats go by. I'll be honest, I was disappointed in the lack of candy thrown. It's one of my main motives in going to a parade. It lasted for two hours! Longest parade ever...
Afterwards I ran some errands and even bought some material for my bulletin boards in my classroom. Kind of a big deal. :)
It has been such a great weekend, I'm sad it's over. It was great staying up late watching Gilmore Girls with my roomies and chatting, and sleeping in and taking naps and not being as productive as I should have been. Gotta love these days! :)
Thanks for the shout out :) That pizza WAS delicious. Best Sunday idea ever.
ReplyDeleteI love that you had the lady catching on fire as part of your list of highlights. What a sick sense of humor.... kinda worried for your roommates next year...oh wait... shoot.
haha jk.
Happy Independence Day!