Monday, August 16, 2010

Life Unexpected

I had a minor wake-up call this week when a guy wasn't paying attention and ran into me as he was making a left turn in the middle of an intersection.
It created a variety of intermixing emotions during the split-second impact as things happened, realization hit, and I experienced this first-hand.
I always knew cars were just big metal things roaming around, usually at high speeds - in other words, I understood that I wasn't safe just because I was inside a vehicle. But now I really understand how quickly that hunk of a vehicle can crunch. Kind of scary to think about the fact that it can happen at any moment.
On the day that it happened, I was moving out of my apartment, so I had several boxes in the back of my car. The most random objects ended up in the front - I even had a container of cornstarch on the floor by my foot. Dustin came to get me, so we transferred most of the things over to his car before they towed my Vue away.
Nobody got hurt, things are in the process of working out okay, and life goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment