Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Best Friends Wedding

Dancing with the bride:
The Bridesmaids:
Waiting for the ceremony to start:

One of my best friends from high school, Jenna Lynn Wilde, got married this weekend! Oh, the excitement and anticipation. As I reflect back on all of our memories together, I can hardly believe this day is finally here. Not to mention the fact that they have been together for 6 years.... ;-P

I was excited to be part of the bridal party. It was also quite the adventure finding a dress within 2 days, but really a matter of 4 hours. Alyse's Bridal came through for me.
The rehearsal dinner, wedding, and reception were all a success and functioned smoothly. The bride was beautiful. The ceremony was good. The food was awesome. The music was fun. I enjoyed reconnecting with some old high school friends. I just love weddings!

I've been reflecting a lot on my high school experiences and the people I hung out with. Being back home in SD initiates the nostalgia. Some fond memories (that mostly only Jenna will understand):

-Colorguard - 3 years of blissful early morning practices and competitions. You were the hottest "rifle" we had.
~Seaweed~
-Spanish pod with Mara & Jill/Mrs. Nathan's Spanish class
-Cave-women/Pirate combo outfits for Homecoming week
-Senior prom

-hitting a pheasant in your red car on the way to Valley Springs Elementary
-GITCHE, of course


-going to visit you in Spearfish the summer I moved home

-our black/white polka dot dresses
-You coming to visit me in Utah last summer. Best time ever! Wedding billboards all around (welcome to Provo, UT) and......Fiber 1...haha

-*T* (our hand signal)
-Our 80's rap song.....Mr. Guse Guse, He drinks Fuze Fuze, Mr. Guse Guse.....

-"I see a long road ahead of me"
-the "squirrel" (according to Matt)
-Senior road trip to Boys' State Basketball Tournament in Rapid City
-the phone calls when we went away to our seperate schools, venting about people and things
-And SOOOOO many more!


To my TWINNER- I love you and am so happy for you! I still remember your first date with Matt - to the Homecoming dance Sophomore year. It was early morning band practice and we were standing on the field with our flags. I still can hear you singing, "I'm so excited" by the Pointer Sisters. Can you believe that was 6 years ago!??

Wishing you both all the happiness in the world! :)

You'll always be my Twinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment